We all know how important it is to drink water throughout the day regardless of the weather. But sometimes, you simply forget! So here are a few fun ideas as the weather heats up to keep your hydration game strong (and also delicious). Remember, if you are using oils in your water bottle, always drink from glass or stainless steel only.
Citrus oils are amongst some of the milder oils in the range and make for delicious additions to plain or sparkling water or your own fruit water mixers. Oils that we like to use regularly to encourage that 2L a day water habit are Lemon, Grapefruit, Lime, Tangerine, Wild Orange + Green Mandarine.
Add a drop of your favourite doTerra essential oil to a glass of sparkling water and your go-to sweetener, stevia, xylitol, honey or maple syrup and you’ve made yourself the healthiest ‘fizzy drink’ going around.
Or make a mixer using organic frozen fruit as below, these two combinations in particular are always popular with friends - Raspberry + Lemon or Blueberry + Lime.
1 cup organic frozen fruit of choice
1/2 - 1 tbs sweetener of choice
favourite doTerra citrus oil
* If you aren't currently purchasing doTerra at wholesale prices, please contact us to find out how or take a look at this page x
1. Add frozen fruit to a pitcher along with 1/2 cup of filtered water.
2. Allow to defrost until you are able to squash the berries a bit.
3. Give them a quick mash to break them down a little and add your favoured sweetener (remember you can always add more later so don’t be too heavy handed)
4. Depending on the size of your pitcher add approximately 1 drop of oil for each 200ml or liquid
5. Give it a mix and let it sit for half an hour before you top with filtered water and allow to sit either overnight in the fridge or for a few hours before drinking.